Monday, October 31, 2005

Daylight savings time sucks

It is now 5:45pm here in California, and its dark outside. Actually, its been dark for a while. Stupid time change. Now the sun comes up one hour early. How does this help me? I don't get up with the sun. I get up when the alarm rings at 7:45am, whatever time it is. Now all I get is one less hour of sun at the end of the day, when I want it the most.

They say that the only reason we aren't on permanent daylight time is because if we were, then the schoolchildren would have to go to school in the dark in December and January. Well you know what? Those kids need to learn to face their fears and walk to school in the dark so that I can have some freakin' sun when I leave work. Yeah.

ps. When I spell checked this post, blogger wanted me to change "freakin'" to "foreskin". Nice.