Wednesday, October 4, 2006

I don't like to talk to people in the bathroom

Have you ever been in one of those bathrooms that has an attendant? I think this happens a lot more in men's rooms for some reason, but it annoys the crap out of me. I was in a bathroom with an attendant the other day, and he was creeping me out. First, he watched me pee. Then as I walked up to the sink, he refused to let me touch the sink. He turned the water on and then squirted soap in my hands.

Let me go over that one in more detail. Using a water squirt bottle, he squeezed the trigger, which ejected a warm, thick, white liquid onto my hands. I don't know why it was warm. After I was done, he got a towel and started wiping my hands. Then I had a problem. See, he has this little bowl there with dollar bills in it, presumably his tips. I don't like being forced to tip, nor do appreciate the service he offers. So what was I to do? If I didn't leave a tip, he might prevent me from using the bathroom again, because I would piss off the bathroom troll (pun intended). However, I took the chance, and walked out, no tip. What would you have done?